The digital photo contest is sponsored by the Arabian Horse Association of Arizona Amateur Committee. For the 2023 show, we’re doing digital submissions and online voting. Entries must be uploaded by 3PM PST on Friday, January 20, 2023, voting for all categories will be open from 1PM PST on January 21, 2023 through February 10, 2023. Champion and Reserve Champion winners for each category will be announced on the AHAA website and Facebook page by February 25, 2023.
*New for 2023* Grand Champion - Best of Show picture will be awarded $300, sponsored by Paul and Sabrina Glans.
Categories: Photographs taken of the Arabian Horse, or Half-Arabian/Anglo-Arabian, that captures the moment in the following categories: “That’s My Baby”, “Clowning Around”, “Beautiful Arabian” and “Horse and Buddy”. Please click on the below category name to submit your photos.
That’s My Baby
Horse and Buddy
· Your photo can be in color or black and white
· A caption for your photograph must be included
· Photographs submitted MUST be by amateur photographers (amateur is defined as a person who has never sold their photographs for profit)
· Only one submission per person for each category
· ALL photography entries must be uploaded by 3PM PST on Friday, January 20, 2023
Review: Each entry will be reviewed prior to being allowed to be voted on.
Judging: Champion and Reserve Champion will be determined by public online vote, January 21, 2023 through February 10, 2023. Voting links will be on this page by 1PM PST on January 21, 2023. Grand Champion will be awarded by the Amateur committee.
Winners: Champion and Reserve Champion for each category will be announced on the AHAA website and Facebook page by February 25, 2023. ONE (1) Grand Champion Prize overall winner will be awarded $300, Grand Prize winner will be announced on February 26, 2023.
Awards: Awards will be mailed if you’re not at the Scottsdale Show to pick it up by February 26, 2023.
The 2023 Youth Art Contest has been sent out to our current email list. If you didn’t receive the letter and entry from, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email distro.
A few changes were made to the 2023 contest:
· The 8.5”x11” mat size was hard to find, so we updated the finished size to be 11”x14” (5”x7” fits an 8”x10” mat, 8.5”x11” fits a 9”x12” or 11”x14” mat), we hope this makes completing the art work easier for everyone.
· All submissions will now get two two-for-one passes for family and friends, along with the two one day passes for parents.
· Ribbons will be paper during the display time at the show, actual ribbons will be given at the presentation on Sunday.
We look forward to all the art submissions this year and can’t wait to welcome all students, families, friends, teachers, etc. at the 2023 Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show!!